Empowering counsellors to set up, build and grow a successful private practice
Do you want to run a successful private counselling practice?
- Are you ready to set up an ethical and effective service that benefits you and your clients?
- Do you want to make sure that your practice feels personally, professionally, and financially rewarding?
- Do you want to make sure that your advert or listing ‘speaks to’ your potential clients?
- Do you fear your ability to run an organised and abundant business?
- Would you like to know the essentials required to set up your private practice?
If your answer is YES! Download my free Essential Guide to Success
What is in the Essential Guide to Success?
The Counsellors Essential Guide to setting up your successful private practice is a super helpful workbook which will take you from struggle to success! A step by step guide to the essentials required to set up. This is a printable PDF workbook including:
- Mindset Boost – questions to inspire, motivate and shift any limiting beliefs
- Business Model Planner – plan how to set up a rewarding practice
- Documents List – a list of all the documents needed to be client ready
- Legal Section
- Marketing – Tips and ideas to become visible to your right fit clients in a way that feels authentic
- Admin and Logistics
- Realise Your Dream Practice
- Support Circle – recognise and realise your network
Enter your email below to sign up, and receive your Essential Guide!
Who is Rising Counsellors for?
Counsellors who want to set up and run their own private practice in a way that works for them personally, professionally, and financially.
If you are a counsellor or psychotherapist thinking about starting up, building up or growing your private practice, join me and we can work together to make the most amazing things happen!
Whether you want to work face to face, online, or in nature, with adults, children or young people I can support you to set up your practice in the way that works for you. If you want to deliver your expertise and support by sessional work, courses, e-books or groups I can help. If you want to work part time or full time I can help you make it work for you.
I can empower you to make positive, forward-thinking steps in your private practice. I can work with you one to one, or through group courses and have a supportive group on facebook.
I can help you to:
- be more authentic and confident in your business
- find your niche and attract and support your right fit clients
- work smarter to avoid burnout
- be more visible and market yourself with authenticity
- run your practice in a way that is fulfilling
- set up the practical aspects of private practice
- establish a more comfortable work/life balance
What support is available for Counsellors and Psychotherapists in Private Practice?
Join us at our free Rising Counsellors facebook group. We are a friendly and supportive bunch and can’t wait to meet you. There is loads of lovely support here. This group is for counsellors:
- Thinking about setting up in Private Practice
- Alread set up and need some support
- Would like to streamline, develop or grow your practice
- Meet other Counsellors and have the benefit of peer support
- Receive information about developing private practice
Work with me to boost your private practice, feel more confident, reduce overwhelm and attract your right fit clients whoever that may be. I can help you if you want to:
- Set up a thriving practice but don’t know where to start
- Feel more confident with the business side of practice
- Develop an affordable marketing plan to attract your clients
- Earn a sustainable and profitable income
- Develop your practice to work with more people without burnout
- Set up courses and memberships
Why Rising Counsellors?
I have been running a successful and busy private practice since 2013. Along the way, I have met many counsellors feeling undervalued, working in low paid jobs, or working for free as volunteers. Many counsellors feel unsure or unconfident about how to set up their own business, some don’t even know where to start. So, I decided to set up Rising Counsellors to provide coaching, guidance and support to my fellow colleagues.
Counselling training courses do not currently teach us about the business side. We can support each other and make counselling accessible, visible and be one of the places people want to access to improve their mental health and wellbeing.
I believe Rising Counsellors will raise the profile of counsellors in private practice by improving visibility, accessibility and reputation. My mission is to empower counsellors to move their business towards success. If your goal is to serve more clients by doing the job that you love, and want to ensure you earn a decent living, you are in the right place.
The counselling profession has finally become an acceptable service for people to access if they would like to explore and process challenging experiences. There are many people out there still unaware of the benefits and there is still a stigma attached. Often people rely on free provision, even if they can afford to pay for it privately. People are unaware of the wealth of variety and transformative effects of therapeutic work. It’s just talking right?
We counsellors can work together and support each other to build our reputation as an ethical and effective service for all to access. There are so many ways we can offer therapeutic support to our community. Collectively counsellors can make a difference to people’s lives. We can use our skills, expertise and passions to help more people and not burn out trying to earn a living doing the job we love!
In 2005 I graduated in Psychology from Manchester University. Some personal growth needed to happen before I fulfilled my teenage dream of becoming a counsellor. I lived the dream and in my early twenties I went travelling to India, South East Asia, Australia and America for a year before I came back and found work as a PA in a healthcare company.
I loved my PA job, although I knew it wasn’t my dream role, I loved organising and building business knowledge. I was then made redundant. Well this was a blow at the time but paved the way for many more opportunities, one of which was fulfilling my dream role. I applied for a Master’s in Counselling and Psychotherapy and I got in!! Yes!!!!
Meanwhile, I worked as a manager for NHS IAPT Psychological Therapies Service which I enjoyed immensly. With my skills, knowledge and training I knew that I would set up my own private practice as soon as I qualified. At first I worked part time whilst trying to build my caseload, it was so hard to find the courage to jump in the deep end and I was finding my way slowly but surely.
I worked with a wonderful Supervisor who helped guide me, but I didn’t want to take all of my supervision time up with private practice business strategy. If only I knew of a service like Rising Counsellors back then! It wouldn’t have taken so long, and I might have felt confident enough to go all in!
Since then I have developed personally, professionally, become a proud and adoring mum, and have been running a busy and successful practice since 2013. I finally went ‘ALL IN’ in 2017. Now I want to share my knowledge and experience and empower other counsellors to reach their dream, whilst improving the reputation and accessibility of counselling.
Join me! Together, let us rise up as counsellors and be the change that you want to see!
Alison has been amazing at helping me set up my own private practice. I wouldn’t have known where to start without her. She gave me the confidence to jump into private practice, that I wouldn’t have had on my own. She’s extremely kind and helpful, can’t thank her enough!
Amy – CYP Counsellor