Want to know more?
Why not book your free consultation
I offer ACTO and BACP approved online counselling
What is Online Counselling?
Counselling offers a confidential and safe space for you to explore your past and present experiences with a qualified professional. You can talk about anything you need to. Everyone has a different experience of the process so your couselling will be unique to your expereince.
Online counselling is a way for you to engage in counselling using internet technology such as webcam video link, email, or online chat. You direct your counselling by selecting the method of communication you feel most comfortable with. You chose the place and pace of your counselling to suit your needs.
Online Counselling can take place:
- video call – from the comfort of your own home using Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp
- voice call – from the comfort of your own home using Skype or WhatsApp
- emails – we can arrange a package to suit your needs
- Text – using WhatsApp live chat. Read more about Text Therapy here.
Online counselling offers certain benefits but there are also limitations that are worth bearing in mind when deciding which type of therapy will best suit your needs.
Benefits of Online Counselling
- Counselling therapy from your own home at a time that suits you
- Secure inscription software offers confidentiality and peace of mind
- No chance that you may be seen entering the counsellors practice
- When using email or online chat, you are able to review what you are saying before sending
- Therapy at a time, place and pace that suits you
- Some find it easier to express their feelings by writing it down
- Access to counselling may be more immediate
- Flexibility to choose the technology you feel is best for you: email, live chat or webcam
Things to consider
- Are you comfortable using internet technology?
- Would you prefer to see your counsellor face to face?
- Do you feel you can express your feelings well using words?
- Do you feel your situation is too complex to discuss via the internet?
- Is there a computer terminal that you can use privately without interruption?
- Text communication can sometimes be open to misunderstanding.
- There are no nonverbal cues or body language for you or the counsellor to read this can lead to misunderstanding.
To hear more about how I work, please read about me.
If you would like to know the difference between counselling and psychotherapy, or would like more information about what counselling can help with, please visit my FAQ section.
Other counselling options I offer:
Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organise your life around itBrian Tracy