Want to know more?
Why not book your free consultation
I offer ACTO and BACP approved online counselling
What is Online Counselling?
Counselling offers a confidential and safe space for you to explore your past and present experiences with a qualified professional. You can talk about anything you need to. Everyone has a different experience of the process so your couselling will be unique to your expereince.
Online counselling is a way for you to engage in counselling using internet technology such as webcam video link, email, or online chat. You direct your counselling by selecting the method of communication you feel most comfortable with. You chose the place and pace of your counselling to suit your needs.
Online Counselling can take place:
- video call – from the comfort of your own home using Skype, Zoom or WhatsApp
- voice call – from the comfort of your own home using Skype or WhatsApp
- emails – we can arrange a package to suit your needs
- Text – using WhatsApp live chat. Read more about Text Therapy here.
Benefits of Online Counselling
Online counselling offers certain benefits but there are also limitations that are worth bearing in mind when deciding which type of therapy will best suit your needs.
- Counselling therapy from your own home at a time that suits you
- Secure inscription software offers confidentiality and peace of mind
- No chance that you may be seen entering the counsellors practice
- When using email or online chat, you are able to review what you are saying before sending
- Therapy at a time, place and pace that suits you
- Some find it easier to express their feelings by writing it down
- Access to counselling may be more immediate
- Flexibility to choose the technology you feel is best for you: email, live chat or webcam
Things to consider
- Are you comfortable using internet technology?
- Would you prefer to see your counsellor face to face?
- Do you feel you can express your feelings well using words?
- Do you feel your situation is too complex to discuss via the internet?
- Is there a computer terminal that you can use privately without interruption?
- Text communication can sometimes be open to misunderstanding.
- There are no nonverbal cues or body language for you or the counsellor to read this can lead to misunderstanding.
My Style of Counselling
I believe you are your own expert and that you know yourself enough to know what is best for you. Sometimes this needs uncovering, and together we can do this. I won’t tell you what to do, but I can offer suggestions or information that may be useful to you. Together we can explore your experience and celebrate the lightbulb moments as they come.
My style of counselling holds you at the centre, so you can bring the content to the session and together we can open it up and explore it as much as you need to. I value getting to know you by hearing your thoughts and experiences, and exploring your emotions at your pace.
I’m curious and ask open questions, allowing you space to share as much detail as you want. I will never judge you or minimise your experience. I offer reflections and notice themes that can lead to valuable insights.
If you would like to know the difference between counselling and psychotherapy, or would like more information about what counselling can help with, please visit my FAQ section.
Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organise your life around itBrian Tracy